Acupressure spikes can take some getting used to. They are sharp and can cause discomfort for a few minutes, before your nervous system gets used to the stimulus and you begin to experience a cozy warmth in the body.
When using it for the first time, start by using the mat everyday for about 10 to 20 minutes at a time. Remember to breathe and practice consciously relaxing your body. Slowly increase your time on the acupressure mat by 5 minutes per use, until you reach the ideal time of 30-40 minutes.
- Choose the surface. First time users can use the mat on a soft surface such as a bed or sofa, while experienced users may move their mats onto the floor.
- Start out with a thin layer of clothing. It's perfectly alright to place a thin towel or even wear a t-shirt, when you first start, as this reduces the intensity of the initial sensation and helps getting used to the spikes. However, once you get used to it, feel free to take the shirt off as you get the best results when the mat is in contact with your bare skin.
- Sit. You can sit on or against the mat in a chair. Take it to work, use it at home to feel rejuvenated all the time
- Lie. You may lie down with your back on the mat or with your stomach and chest on the mat.
- Stand: You can also stand on the mat, but be careful and do it very slowly because pressure can be really intense on the feet due to your body weight
- On The Feet: Place the pillow on the floor and sit in a chair a few inches behind the pillow. Place your feet on the pillow.
Don’t move around or roll on the mat, as you may pierce or scratch your skin.